Saturday, June 14, 2008

Acupuncture? On a KID?!!

Well, with Ellie's eczema raging out of control and homeopathy not seeming to help her yet and her itchiness just driving me insane (let alone what it's doing to HER!), I decided to see what acupuncture could do for her. After two treatments, I'm FLOORED at the difference. (I did take before shots I'll have to post some before/after shots later.) Her itchiness is almost completely gone and her eczema, which had been flaring for WEEKS is subsiding. We'd tried everything and nothing seemed to work at all.

She was amazing. Sure, she sobbed during her second treatment, but she held out her arm for the pokes on there and was SO incredibly brave. And literally less than 5 minutes later, she was joking around and being silly! As a matter of fact, she didn't even remember that she got poked on the back!

While I hate putting her through the trauma of getting poked with needles, if this is going to be as successful as it's appearing, it will be totally worth it. She won't be as uncomfortable and itchy and my heart won't break for her when I see the awful scratches on her skin.

I'll update later on how successful it is in the long run!

No comments: