Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My life has focused to a pinpoint.....

And that pinpoint is Sam. Everything else is a concentric circle around Sam and as you get further away, things become less important until they just drop off my radar. But that ring of concentric circles that are important in my life has gotten smaller and smaller.... There is very little I care about outside this small ring of things right now.....

What am I trying to say? I realized that Sam turned 6 months old on Saturday. I have been dealing with sleep issues, allergies, fussiness and more for 6 months. Most everything has been solved or at least dealt with, but the sleep issues are still there - rearing their ugly head. The other night, after trying to get her down for 3 hours starting at 8pm, I lost count of how many times she woke during the night. I got to about 9 and then couldn't focus anymore. It was then that I knew that my number one focus had to be getting this solved.

As a reminder, we were on our way there until a week and a half ago when she went into the ER. Since then, things have been bad, almost worse than before. So I went out and bought some books on sleeping and this is my focus in life right now.

That and trying to get Sam to eat. She dropped from 40% to 25% in weight and 75% to 50% in length - and the doctor feels this is because she won't eat solids. Yup, her two incidents with me feeding her and her getting violently ill have screwed up her want to eat. (She LOVED food the first 3 times we gave her some.) So we're working on that, too......

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know why I'm not around much. I check in when I can, but I often can't muster up the time or inclination to post more than once or twice a day. I think about everyone, but just can't post.....

Wish me luck getting this one piece fixed. I just feel that getting Sam onto a good, happy sleep schedule will allow me to focus on the rest of my life - the other things I need to be thinking about. So for now, I need to focus only on that.

Six months is too long let this going on. I won't let it happen for 6 more.

I miss everyone. I miss my life

No comments: