Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 36: Going vegan

Wow! I can't believe it's been this long. Amazing! If you had told this steak-aholic that she'd be eating only plants right now, I think she would have slapped you! LOL!

It's actually been pretty easy at home. I haven't even been close to being tempted by meat. Now that I look at anything from animals in a different light, it makes things that much easier. When I go out, it's harder, though. I look at chicken fingers and think, "YUMMMM! One won't kill me, right?" But I'm usually satisfied with just one bite.

I've been experimenting with food a lot, too. And I'm really sick of cleaning and cooking and cleaning and cooking. LOL! I know it'll get easier, but it's kind of a pain. Ah, well, it's worth it.

I've also been reading a lot about soy lately and following up on some things that I'd been meaning to find out. Interesting things out there! I'll add more links as I read them.

One of these days I need to go back and re-read all my posts to make sure I'm not reposting things. LOL! But one of my goals is to send The China Study book out to at least 20 people. I think I've sent it to 7 or 8 people and 3 have gone (or plan to) go vegan, 1 is still reading, but is currently mostly vegan and the others are interested in what the book is saying! It's fun to see that I'm not a complete freak! LOL!

I weighed in yesterday at 173. I was pretty pleased by that as I had thought I'd gained. I'm amazed that I've dropped 7+lbs without really trying. It's amazing and to me, that says that what I'm doing is right if my body is "righting" itself weight-wise.

Oh! And I get my blood tested this weekend. We'll see if my cholesterol has dropped. I sure hope so!

No comments: