Friday, January 13, 2006

Weaning update


We've had several tough nights (wanting to play at midnight, constipated the next night, sleeping well - her, not me - I'm too busy thinking of ALL I have to do), but it's going well! A few days ago I made the decision that I would wean as fast as I could after a tough night because of food..... And I refused to give the boobie at certain times. (But still making sure she got adequate food/drink.)

She's sooooo headstrong that we had a "fight" a few times before she took the bottle (maybe twice or three times), but once I had a little help from Chris and our nanny, it went MUCH better. (She didn't want the bottle from me, but took it from them! Stinker!)

Now I can literally go 24 hours without feeding her. She's had a few 5 minute snacks in the last 24 hours, but that's it. I'll probably wean for REAL this weekend sometime.

I am realizing now that I think I react differently to nursing and all the hormones than they say you will. I get some crazy emotions going on - I'm really down, quite often. It reminds me a lot of when I'm on the pill, only not quite as bad. I feel SOOOOO much better than I have in about a year. I'm really glad I bfed this long for Sammie's sake, but I'm realizing it took a bigger toll on me physically and mentally than I ever would have thought. *sigh* Physically, I'm very achy and exhausted and I just don't feel *right*, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with being sick. We'll see.... I think my body will do GREAT when I add everything back into my diet soon....

Finally, I'm losing weight! I stepped on the scale and I'm 171.5! (I was 175ish at Christmas.) I'm just not interested in the foods I used to want and I can't have the foods I DO want yet so I'm not eating as much as I should. I'm not super concerned - this will shrink my tummy and I know I'll be eating well again by Sunday.

That's it! We're getting a few minor kinks (constipation, mainly, and some wasting of the stupidly expensive formula), but we're doing great!

No comments: