Thursday, June 16, 2005

Nope, shouldn't get excited. Grrr!

Now, her not sleeping through the night last night could have been the result of freaking out while mom was at the grocery store. While I was there, my cell phone rang. Uh, oh. Either Chris forgot something or......

Well, just as he was calling me to yell for help with Samantha, Ellie hurt herself. (Not badly, but definitely loudly! LOL!) So I high-tailed it to check out. As I was checking out (self checkout), he called back to say he had gotten Sam settled so I canceled checking out and headed back to get us food for dinner. (Hadn't made it that far.)

But Sam had freaked for a while and was very needy. I felt so bad for her! It seems that no one can really calm her except mom and mom's boobs. Chris tried a bottle, but no luck. She's come to the point where she's refusing them. Not good - no time at all for mom to get a break....
Don't get me wrong. I adore my daughter, but it's nice to have some time without having to worry about her. Ellie was definitely easier that way! Ah, well! It will all work out, I'm sure. (I have the feeling Sam will be more snuggly. That would be great!)

One other really bad thing I've noticed over the last few days - it seems that Sam has eczema. This sucks. I was hoping Ellie would be the only one. And I'm not sure if it's my imagination or what, but it seems much worse than Ellie's. So I'm slathering her up when I change her. I hate to do that, but it seems to make this better for her. She has her 2 month checkup in 1.5 weeks so I'll talk to the doctor then. Poor girl!

No comments: