Thursday, June 16, 2005

She's moved!

Yeah! I'm so excited! Ellie is in her new room. Now I can get Sam's room ready for her and try to get her used to sleeping in there during the day. (I have the feeling Sam will be in the bassinet or cosleeping until she's about 3-4 months old.)

Ellie was so cute. She got soooo excited about this! I'd been slowly moving her things into her new room and referring to it as her "new room" for a while. And while Chris and I were taking apart her crib, she was just spazzing! She was so thrilled to be moving!

Now I need to figure out what to do for decorating it. I was going to move all her shelves, but I think I'll leave 'em in her old room and get her some new stuff. I just wish I could go with her by myself to have her help me pick stuff out. I know I can do it with Sam, but I think it would be nice for Ellie to be with mom by herself and do it. Oh, well!

But since we might be moving in the next 6-9 months, it doesn't make sense to do a whole lot of decorating. I'm thinking I'll buy some bare wood shelves and paint them pink. Then I'll try to find some matching pink ribbon to hang the cute letters (E-L-L-I-E) that Laurie made as well as for on the cream sailcloth curtains I have. Now how I'm going to decorate the curtains, I have no clue. But I'm thinking the pink ribbon and some lions might be fun. She LOVES lions!
She's also trying more and more words. Yesterday she said "curly" and today she repeated "cool"! She's going to be talking in sentences soon, I hope!

No comments: