Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Going Vegan: Day 10

I've been doing a LOT of research lately trying to figure out if this book is for real or not. So far, I haven't really found a lot of evidence that it's not - except from sources that can be discredited....

One thing I did find, though, is that B12 is a vitamin that many vegans don't get enough of. You can read more here: http://www.vegansociety.com/html/food/nutrition/b12/As for me, I was pretty bad about food on Saturday and my weight jumped to 178 over night. YIKES! Doh.... (Is creme brulee' vegan? ) But I was very good all day yesterday and today so far.

A few side effects that have surprised (and delighted) me:
more consistant BM's (yuck!). I thought I'd start getting constipated (I'm prone to this), but I think the fiber is helping
Smaller belly. Even though I haven't really lost much weight, when I buckled my belt I was surprised to see it was on the 3rd hole, not the second - I didn't realize until I went to the bathroom! That's just where it felt good!
More awake. In spite of not sleeping well lately, I'm a lot more alert that I would expect.
Overall lighter feeling. Being on so much protein, I always felt "heavy". Now I feel "light". A very hard thing to describe, but that's the best way I can think of.

I know I've already said some of these, but wanted to say that I'm restating them because they are even stronger feeling. If that makes sense. LOL!

Stats: 176.5, but one belt hole smaller on my waist
Food: small bite of burger last night

No comments: