Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Going Vegan: Day 9

Now that I've read the book (T Colin Campbell's The China Study), I'm floored at the implications that veganism can actually save lives! It's unreal the types of things that can be cured by changing the diet. Here are some links that talk about all the health benefits:

Overall, I'm floored at all this. The more I look, the more I find that is backed up by many reputable sources.

The hard thing? Trying to get my husband to really read and buy into at least some of this. The more I read, the more I worry about what I had been eating and what he still eats. It's just bad, bad stuff.... And the book does an EXCELLENT job of really explaining the full implications.

I have more to say, but I really want to read!

Oh, a bit about what I've been doing: I've been pretty poor about changing over. But my goal is to go 100% vegan at home by the first of March, I'll go vegetarian going out. I may eat some fish from time to time and I'll try to go vegan going out, but it's harder and I think more stressful doing that.

I will also get my cholesterol tested again in a month or so or after I've been vegan for about 30 days.... Currently, I believe it's 199. After reading, I'm a bit freaked by that. It's extremely high! (Did you know that 35% of heart attacks happen to people with cholesterol between 150 and 200? YIKES!)

No comments: