Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Going Vegan: Day 11

Well, I'm going SO slow through the book, but I've been doing a lot of research, as I've mentioned.... I think the next step is to REALLY look at how animal protein is "bad". I just see that too many people that I tell about this seem to think I'm cracked in the head. I just want to make sure I'm NOT and they just don't understand.

People just seem so freaked out by the whole protein issue. As if you can't get enough from plants. But that doesn't make sense - heck, the Chinese have lived on plant based diet forever! You can't tell me that it's not possible... or that it's that hard. Unless, of course, we don't have access to the same foods and the proteins we are looking at aren't varied enough to give us what we need.

I've noticed that this is more just puking out all my thoughts instead of how I feel, but I think I need to keep track of all that. So my next step: looking at my intake to make sure I'm getting the right nutritional balance.

No comments: