Friday, November 11, 2005

My photoshoot went great!

Not only were Mark, Julie and Matt GREAT subjects, but I learned an immense amount during this shoot! I thought I'd start recording the things I learned here on my blog....

  • When searching for the best light, have someone follow you with their face as you walk around them. This was amazing when I had Julie do it - all of a sudden I could SEE the most amazing difference in her face with the light. I was so pleased about it!
  • All kids are really different - I thought Matt wouldn't mind getting a little dirty and playing, but that's not what he's like. He likes keeping clean. I still ended up with some great shots even if they didn't turn out the way I envisioned!
  • Go with the flow and don't overthink things. Although I think that trying new things and thinking too hard about them for a little while is a good thing - I think it's faster to learn that way - in the long run, it's best to go with instinct. And there are times when I find that surprises come out because of that.
  • In this image, for instance, I was thinking I would get a more "formal" shot. But instead, I think I got a well posed (in terms of where people were placed), but more candid image. There is something sweet about this photo that I like very much!
  • The "sweet light" of the sun as it is setting doesn't last long, but it doesn't disappear as quickly as I expected! This makes for some gorgeous light and color!

I know there was more, but I can't think of it right now. I'll add more as I think of more!

No comments: